I was looking for a book to review and realized I have a group of books that I haven’t finished. I am wondering if I should finish them or not. I may get inspired again now that I know exactly how many there are. I am not sure if I am passing on a good read, or simply, I am doing good leaving them on the shelves.
I stopped for many reasons, but mainly because I found them boring. At least two of the books I tried twice and never was able to finish them. All of them I acquired on my own. Therefore, there is no one else to blame. My resolution is to give them all one more try and see how many I can finish. If not I will find them good homes, somehow.
1. High Calling: The Courageous Life and Faith of Space Shuttle Columbia Commander Rick Husband by Evelyn Husband.
2. ‘Vivir para Contarla’ by Gabriel García Márquez
3. The Lucky One by Nickolas Sparks
4. Rogue by Danielle Steel
5. Lance Armstrong’s War: One Man’s Battle Against Faith, Love, Death, Scandal and Few Other Rivals on the Road to the Tour de France by Daniel Coyle
6. The Starbucks Experience: 5 Principals for Turning Ordinary into Extraordinary by Joseph A. Michelli
7. A Bold Fresh Piece of Humanity by Bill O’Reilly
I also have two books that I had gotten a long time ago and have not even started. The first one is Hitler’s Empire: How the Nazis Ruled Europe by Mark Mazower and the second one ifThe Gift of Fear and Other Survival Signals That Protect us from Violence. The Hitler book I got after a trip to the concentration camp in Terazin, Czech Republic to learn more about that tragic event. The second one was a gift from my sister. Now that I see both titles together I can tell it is an odd combination.
Have you read any of these books? Which one should I start with? How many unfinished books are on your shelves?