Last Thursday I participated in the NYC Midnight: 100 Character Micro-Challenge in which I had to create stories no longer than 100 characters based on group/word assignment. Later today (8-15-2011) they will post the top 25 of each group, but before I share the stories I submitted, I want to show you the seven drafts that were not submitted. My assigned word was “WORDS”.
– As they ran, their movements travel between the crops creating the impression of many words.
– My words only respond to the calling of my heart, ignoring life cycles and the movement of my hands.
– He always has the correct words and will remember every small detail related to your heart aches.
– The angels knew that no words can express the reality of a soul and the essence of a heart.
– “Please read these words with peace in your heart” was the last line he wrote before he died.
– “Sweet words with simple gestures, together with a smile, across the nations” he exclaimed.
– The warm breeze echoed between the fields creating the sounds of many words.
Please feel free to comment and critic below. I will share my entries when the first round results become available.